CAMBERWELL HOCKEY CLUB
A new landmark building for Camberwell Hockey Club replaces their existing sub-standard and poorly performing facility. A difficult site presented challenges in terms of site levels, orientation and sight lines. The design response was to provide a two storey facility that wraps the North-East corner of the pitch, minimising the west facing aspect and optimising views over the hockey pitch.
Key features of this project include:
- A multi-purpose social space, kitchen, meeting room, change rooms, gym and various club support spaces - 616 sqm.
- A unique building form creating a distinctive architectural landmark and a strong identity for the club in the community.
- A positive and welcoming design to encourage social activity and ‘coming together’.
- A flexible design sensitive to multiple uses and users, including mixed gender use.
- A scheme incorporating access to all levels and providing equitable change room facilities.
- A sensitive material palette enhancing the existing site while remaining sympathetic to surrounding residential context. Finishes have been selected for their robustness and ease of maintenance
- Best-practice ESD principles